Saturday, March 29, 2014

Quilting with Kids

As I was making an insect quilt for my upcoming nephew, I entertained my five-year-old by giving him the scraps and allowing him to design his own quilt.  I figured this would not go over well, but for some reason it was a huge hit.  He played race car with the different colors for a while before he started to seriously lay out his own quilt.  He even "measured" - he just put his hand where he had measured to and requested multiple cuts on his fabric.  He was actually very excited to make this quilt for baby Zack - my baby doll from when I was a little girl.  He was convinced that Zack's birthday was the next day and that this should be Zack's present.  He exerted as much pressure as possible in order to get it sewn and ready for the big party.
 He designed this quilt.  I sewed it together for him and cut the edges straight, but it actually looks pretty good.  Nice work little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment