Friday, April 13, 2012

Anniversary Quilt

 This was the first quilt that I have ever made for hire.  I made this for a co-worker's parent's 50th wedding anniversary.  This is basically a t-shirt quilt, as my co-worker printed out pictures of his family onto t-shirts and then gave me the t-shirts.  The center block is actually embroidered with all of the names that the couple go by, like "Ma and Pa" and "Grandma and Grandpa".  There is one "mistake" in this quilt: the sashing didn't match up exactly on the left side of the center panel, so I added the row of red hearts (which I actually really like) to make it look less like an error and more artsy.  My favorite part of this quilt is actually the quilted borders that have words like "love" and "family" all over them.  I will be delivering this quilt on Monday and I feel pretty confident that they are going to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment