Thursday, May 3, 2012

Garden Markers

These garden markers were so cute and easy to do.  Plus, I loved the element of reusing that they had.  Here is the supply list:
- spoons (I got mine at a thrift store)
- Outdoor Modge Podge
-Acrylic spray
- Paper
- Stamp for plant with green ink pad
- Letter stamps with black ink pad
- brown chalk (for the edges)

First, I pounded the spoons so that they were flat and the paper would adhere better without bumps.  I just took a hammer and pounded them flat on the back patio.
Next, I stamped the plant and "BASIL".  I tore out the paper and then used chalk to make it look like the edges were slightly old/burnt.
I used Outdoor Modge Podge to adhere the labels and then coated them on top with the Modge Podge as well.  I let them dry for a short while.
Finally, I sprayed the markers with Arcyrlic spray and then let them dry.

I made these into gifts by attaching a packet of basil seeds with jute.  They turned out very cute and I am planning to make a bunch of different markers for my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment