Thursday, May 3, 2012
- spoons (I got mine at a thrift store)
- Outdoor Modge Podge
- Stamp for plant with green ink pad
- Letter stamps with black ink pad
- brown chalk (for the edges)
First, I pounded the spoons so that they were flat and the paper would adhere better without bumps. I just took a hammer and pounded them flat on the back patio.
Next, I stamped the plant and "BASIL". I tore out the paper and then used chalk to make it look like the edges were slightly old/burnt.
I used Outdoor Modge Podge to adhere the labels and then coated them on top with the Modge Podge as well. I let them dry for a short while.
Finally, I sprayed the markers with Arcyrlic spray and then let them dry.
I made these into gifts by attaching a packet of basil seeds with jute. They turned out very cute and I am planning to make a bunch of different markers for my garden.