Monday, May 7, 2012

Homemade Body Scrub Wedding Favors

Homemade body scrub was so much easier than I had ever imagined.  I looked all over online and came up with the following recipe for my mix:
- 1 cup salt (or sugar)
-1/3 cup oil (I used avocado and sunflower, but there are a ton of options)
- About 20 drops essential oil (I used orange essence, but again, whatever scent you like would work)
- I added orange zest just to make it a bit more interesting
Basically, all you do is mix the salt and essential oils until they are combined.  Then you add the oil and stir until combined.
These were for wedding shower favors for a beach/honeymoon themed wedding, so I bought little spoons and jars at JoAnns (they were very reasonably priced 2.49 for 75 spoons and $1 for the jars).  I added tags and tied everything together with jute.  On the back of the tags, I wrote a small bit of instructions:

Now it's your turn to get
BEACH READY!!!

Homemade Body Scrub Ingredients:
- Sea Salt
- Orange Essence
- Avocado oil
- Orange Zest

This scrub will exfoliate while at the same time hydrating your skin as you get ready to hit the shore.  Use in the shower or bath.  Make sure to use this scrub within 6 months.  Salt based scrubs should be used prior to  shaving.

1 comment: